Sweet Smoky Rib Recipe
Ribs / Dinner
If you are like us you are either experimenting or looking for a new rib recipe to get ready for the weekend. What kind of ribs do we all want? Sweet, Juicy, Fall off the bone, and let's be honest the messier the better. If that's the case this will be the recipe for you. Our Pitmasters here have worked out a new rib recipe with one of our most popular dry rubs Spellbound! So go wash up and let's get started.
- Set up grill for indirect cooking. Get smoker temperature to around 275 degrees
- Remove baby back ribs from the package and flip over. Remove membrane from the backside of the ribs. Lightly coat with olive oil. Season front and back of ribs liberally with Lane's Spellbound Rub.
- Let sit at room temperature for around 45 minutes.
- Stir in wood chips, set down Plate setter, foil tray filled about halfway with water. Finally put down the cooking grate then place ribs on top (meat side up). Or you can use a v-rack as well.
- I cook them for about 2 hours at 275 degrees until the internal temp is around 165. Prepare foil boat, add butter, sauce, brown sugar, and more seasoning. Place ribs meat side down in the mixture. Wrap tight and place back on the smoker for 1 hour.
- Remove from grill, take out of the foil, brush ribs with sauce and put back on the grill for about an 1 hour (meat side up). This will allow the sauce to set. If you pick them up with tongs on the end the rack should bend.