In your stock pot add your olive oil to sauté your onions and peppers. Once the onions become clear add everyone into the pool! (add your other ingredients plus your spices...don't forget the coffee and beer!)
Bring to a boil, then add your brisket and let simmer for 2hrs, stirring occasionally.
Smoked Brisket Chili Recipe
Crazy good flavored chili using leftover brisket, coffee, and all the chili goodness you expect. This recipe has been updated by Ryan Lane on 10/5/2020
5-7 lbs of Lane’s BBQ Brisket (Smoked, Chilled, Cubed)
8-10 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
1 Jalapeño (seeded and diced)
1 Red Onion
1 Yellow Onion
1 each (Red, Yellow, Green Pepper) Seeded and chopped
3-4 Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (chopped)
3 tsp chili powder
2 tsp dried oregano
(2) 28 ounce cans of Whole, peeled tomatoes
(1) 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
(1) small can of tomato paste
(3) cans of dark red kidney beans
¼ cup of brown sugar
1 cup of strong coffee
1-2 bottles of Sweetwater 420 (maybe even 6 or so… depending on how thirsty you are)
2 tablespoons of Lane’s SPF53 Rub
1 Tablespoon of Lane’s Ancho Espresso Rub
Use leftover brisket or Season & Smoke Beef Brisket (click here for our brisket instructions). Allow to cool so you can cube it up.
Add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil to pot. Saute onion, jalapeno & bell peppers on medium heat for a couple minutes til onions become clear.
Stir in garlic but make sure not to burn. Add rest of the ingredients (minus the SPF53 & Ancho Espresso) bring to a boil.
For the whole tomatoes – I pour the whole can in the pot and then crush each of the tomatoes with my hands
Once boiling, add the brisket, then reduce to a simmer for 2-3 hours.
After the chili has been simmering for an hour or so, taste and then add the SPF & Ancho. Just don’t want to over salt and not sure how heavy you seasoned the brisket.
- You can always turn up the heat by adding back some seeds from the Jalapeños or throw in a dash of One Legged Chicken.
- If you are making this for a group of people, you can make a garnish bar with all the toppings. and they can prepare their bowl just how they want it...extra cheese and sour cream...Delicious!!