Who doesn't love a good chicken salad? Right? Don't get me wrong most of the time we're eating an embarrassing amount brisket and pulled pork around here. Sometimes we just need to feel good about our decisions. So we pulled together a combination of great seasonings and some healthy veggie options to make a full-flavored salad. Plus our Ranch loving marketing guy has claimed that his Cubano dressing will beat out store-bought Ranch any day. When we put this meal together we had to completely agree with him.... for once! Now we know we are stirring up a bees nest to make this claim, but try it out and tell us your thoughts on the Cubano dressing!
- Spring Salad Mix or your favorite Salad Mix
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2lb Chicken Breast Tenderloins (around 3 to 5 oz per person)
- Duck Fat Spray or your favorite cooking spray
- 1 cup Corn
- Lane's Fiesta Seasoning
- Lane's Cubano Seasoning
- Tortilla strips
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
Cubano Dressing (You will need 3 to 4 hours to set up for best results)
- Mix whole milk, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a bowl (If you like more of a thinner dressing you can add more milk or if you like a thicker dressing you can add more sour cream)
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp Lane's Cubano Rub, and a pinch of salt to the bowl and mix. You can add more Cubano to your taste however, the Cubano ingredients will breakdown over a couple of hours in the fridge which adds more flavor than initial mixing.
- Place in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours to allow the Cubano Rub to breakdown a bit.
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Season tenderloin with Lane's Fiesta Rub
- Spray baking sheet with duck fat spray (or your favorite cooking spray)
- Add chicken to sheet and place in oven
- Bake at 350 until internal temp reaches 165 deg (about 10 minutes)
- Wash spring mix (or your preferred salad mix)
- Dice Onions and Bell Peppers
- on the stovetop over medium-high heat add butter, Bell Peppers, Onions, Corn, and Lane's Fiesta Rub to a pan for a few minutes to slightly soften and bring out flavors.
- In a large bowl add spring mix, softened veggies, tortilla strips, chicken, and Cubano dressing (Cubano dressing directions above)
- Mix or just eat (however you like to enjoy your salad)