BBQ Brisket & Pimento Cheese Grits
This pimento cheese grits with brisket recipe is Southern comfort food at its finest! The delightful fusion of creamy, cheesy grits and succulent brisket creates a mouthwatering combinations of flavors. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this dish will have your taste buds dancing with delight.
Get Smoker / Grill to 450 degrees.
Follow the instructions on the grits you choose to use for measurements, just replace chicken stock for the water, and place on the smoker / grill. We used 1 cup of our grits and 4 cups of chicken stock.
Stir in about 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper and about 2 tablespoons of Bama’s Smokey Sweet Rub. (Measurements to taste and preference.)
Before grits are ready to serve reheat leftover brisket in a skillet and season with Lane’s SPG
Once the grits start boiling, add ½ stick of unsalted butter, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, and about 6oz of pimento cheese to the grits and stir,
Once the pimento cheese is melted and the grits are to your preferred consistency take off the grill and sprinkle brisket, extra pimento cheese, and green onions over the grits.
(Optional, but we recommend it!) Drizzle some of the Lane’s Sorta White sauce on top of the grits.
- This recipe can be done on the smoker (like in the video), a grill, or on stove top, just be sure to read the directions on the grits.
- You can season to taste, feel free to add more or less of the black pepper and Bama Smokey Sweet rub.
- Experiment with your favorite type of pimento cheese to add to the flavor.
- You can use any type of grits for this recipe, probably except instant grits, but feel free to experiment.
- Need help with smoking a brisket? Check out our "How to Smoke a Brisket" guide.