- 1 pack of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Lane’s BBQ Sweet Heat Rub, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons of minced onions (fresh or dried)
- 1 pack of thick-cut bacon (12-16oz)
- 1 package of smoked sausage (choose your favorite smoked sausage, if uncooked, you’ll want to cook it first BEFORE starting this recipe)
- Set your grill/pit temperature between 350-400 degrees F.
- Set the cream cheese out at room temperature for 15-30 minutes prior to starting your grill. Mix cream cheese with Sweet Heat Rub and minced onion.
- Slice sausage into 1/2-inch medallions.
- Cut bacon strips in half, then wrap one slice of bacon around each sausage, creating a “shot glass” bowl. Then secure with a toothpick.
- Fill each “shot” with the cream cheese mixture. Then shake a layer of Sweet Heat on top of all of the pig shots. Place the “shots” on a cooking sheet pan.
- Place the pan of pig shots on the grill and cook until the bacon is crispy and golden brown, about 45 to 60 minutes (depending on grill temp).
- Remove the pan of pig shots from the grill and cool for 10 minutes.
Why use a pan for the pig shots? The bacon and sauces juices collect in the pan and form a crust layer on the bottom of the pig shots. So if you think the tops of these look great. Wait till you taste what’s underneath. Your taste buds can thank us later!
Show off your cook! We want to see photos of your delicious meats (and veggies). Be sure to tag us @lanesbbq on Facebook and Instagram.