Wash and cut the caps off of the Jalapeños, slice in half, remove the seeds and ribs
In a mixing bowl add Cream cheese, Shredded Cheddar, Fiesta Rub and mix together.
Fill Jalapeños halves with filling and dust with Fiesta Seasoning or SPF 53 for an extra kick.
Cook in the oven at 350 for 5-7 minutes.
Fiesta Jalapeño Poppers
In my family eating Jalapeños is a right of passage. I will never forget the painfully hot pepper eating contests at home with my dad. Most of the time it ended with my dad laughing at me while my mouth was on fire. Now I get to pass on this tradition with my own kids. That's when I came up with this recipe, to show my kids that daddy's still got it. Plus - Jalapeños, avocados, spices, and cheese, who could say no to that?
- Prep Jalapeños - Wash, cut off caps, slice jalapeños in half and remove the insides (ribs and seeds)
- Cut Avocado in half, remove Avocado meat from the skin, and place in a bowl.
- Add Cream cheese, Shredded Cheddar, 1-2 tsp Fiesta Rub (or to taste) and mix together. (optional Spicy option: For a bit more heat add jalapeño seeds to the mix)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill Jalapeño halves with mixture and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle top with Fiesta Rub or if you want more of a spice add SPF-53
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes
You can always use smaller Jalapeños if you are feeding more guests just double the filling recipe. You might even want to try bacon bits as a garnish!