Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Add butter to a skillet over medium heat. Add Onion, Carrot & Celery, season to taste with Lane’s Brisket rub and sauté. Remove from heat when the onions become translucent. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix them together.
Place 1 pie crust into a greased pie dish. Pour the mixture into the pie dish and top with the 2nd crust. Use a knife to create a couple of air pockets in the top crust.
Bake for 45min to 1 hour. The top crust should be golden brown and the inside will be nice and bubbly. Allow cooling before serving. Enjoy!
Brisket Pot Pie
A majority of the time we cook big cuts of red meat and get criticized for not eating our vegetables. Well, we decided to combine the two! This is perfect for both veggie lovers and meat lovers. This pot pie is filled with killer flavor, a deep rich creamy flavor that is unmistakable. This isn't your average pot pie recipe. In all reality, it's the perfect meal. Meat, veggies, and bread!
This recipe make 3 to 4 Pot Pies
- 1 box Pillsbury Premade Refrigerated Pie Crusts (2 crusts) -1 for top crust/1 for bottom
- 2-3 lbs chopped brisket (see Lane’s Brisket recipe)
Lane’s Brisket Seasoning
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ C. Yellow Onion diced
- 4 sticks celery diced
- ½ c. chopped carrots
- ½ c. diced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small red potatoes cubed (boil or roast in oven until fork tender)
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup yellow corn
- 1 – 8oz Sour Cream
- 1 – Can cream of mushroom soup
2 – Cans Stout Beer (we use Guinness or Southern Brewing Stout. 1 to use in recipe and 1 to enjoy while cooking!)
Add butter to skillet on medium heat. Add Onion, Carrot & Celery, season to taste with Lane’s Brisket rub (about 1 tbls) and sauté for several minutes. Remove from heat.
After you have sautéd the onions, carrots and celery then add the remaining ingredients, plus your brisket and your can of cream of mushroom. Mix together.
Place 1 pie crust into a greased pie dish. Pour the mixture into the pie dish and top with the 2nd crust. Use knife to create a couple air pockets in the top crust.
Bake on 350 degrees for 45min to 1 hour. Top crust should be golden brown and inside will be nice and bubbly. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- You can add or take away the vegetables that you like. If you like more potatoes and less peas...well that's my recommendation!
- You can egg wash over the top pie crust if you prefer. It will help the pie crust become a rich golden brown color.